Bacon & Leek Flan
6 small leeks 1/4 (125 ml)pint milk
4 rashers bacon 1/4 teasp salt
1/2 oz (14 gr) butter Pepper
8 ozs (226 gr)flour 5 ozs (141 gr) marge
3 to 4 tblesp water
Make short crust pastry roll out and fold - chill for 15 to 20 mins. (Rub marge into flour until like fine breadcrumbs then mix in water till correct consistency).
Prepare oven 190 degrees C (375 F) gas mark 5.
1) Wash leeks, trim off roots and cut into thin rings. Cut bacon into strips.
2) Melt butter in saucepan add leeks and cook for a few minutes, add bacon and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes.
3) Spray 8 inch flan tin with non stick spray and line with rolled out pastry. Put leeks and bacon into flan case.
4) Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper, pour over leek and bacon mixture.
5) Put flan tin into heated oven on baking tray. Bake in oven for 25 mins, carefully remove tin from flan using oven gloves and bake for a further 15 mins till golden brown.
Serve hot or cold.
P.S. 8 ozs (226 gr) of finely grated cheese can be added to the basic pastry before adding the water.